Meaningful Beauty is based on a skin care formulation developed by Dr. Jean-Louis Sebagh, a French skin care expert. Cindy Crawford is of course, a natural beauty who claims that she has never had any Botox or facial procedures done. I was a bit curious if this product was all hype or not since Cindy has put her name and reputation on the line.
What’s included in the Meaningful Beauty Kit
- Skin Cleanser
- Day moisturizer
- Night moisturizer
- Eye cream
- Facial Masque
- Décolleté and neck crème
- Glowing Serum
There is also an auto ship policy where they send you product every 90 days and bill your card $30.00 ever 30 days.
- Decreases the appearance of pore size
- Prevents premature aging
- Smooth visible appearance of wrinkles
- Reduce skin redness and roughness
- SPF 20 protection
- The Mysterious French Melon Ingredient
The site is very scarce on details. All they seem to keep talk about is this mysterious rare French melon. Dr. Sebagh believes that some melons can defend our skin from the breakdown of collagen, which happens with age. The Meaningful Beauty site describes this ingredient as
A rare French melon that stayed fresh and firm much longer than similar varieties. This melon contained a powerful “first generation” antioxidant (superoxide dismutase), which preliminary studies suggest, prevents the formation of new free radical species. By utilizing this first generation antioxidant, Meaningful Beauty's formulas are designed to help protect your skin against the visible signs of aging in a remarkable way.
So the key active ingredient in this [tags]meaningful beauty[/tags]product is a powerful antioxidant that defends against the breakdown of collagen. OK many skin care products do this!! Apparently it is common to extract antioxidants from various fruits and use them as a leading source of antioxidants in many skin care products. By the way, antioxidants protect against cell oxidization, which is a leading cause of skin cell death. So I'm wondering why should Cindy's product be so much better than the rest? Because she says so? And the clever little story about the French melon? I'm sure it does work to anti oxidize the skin than this product. The problem is that the melon is all that is special about the product.
- Product comes with a 60 day money back guarantee.
- Some ladies, (but not all) swear buy this product and couldn't live without it. They find their skin softer, less oily, nice glow, fewer breakouts.
- There are many products on the market that act as an antioxidant to protect the skin. So I honestly wouldn't have to order this specific product for just that purpose.
- You have to be willing to pay $30 every month for continued shipment of your product.
- Although the “rare” French melon extract is highly touted, it appears pretty far down on the ingredient list.
- Multi-step beauty care regimen is a bit time consuming.
- Product can only be ordered from their shipment plan.
- Some reports of shipments being slow.
- Many customers had issues with customer service people having bad attitudes.
- Some ladies tried to cancel their order and then customer service tried to talk them into buying more.
- Some ladies had the following effects on their skin. Feeling like they had burned, raw, tight skin or major skin break outs. So it doesn’t work for all women. It’s just the same as in my Proactiv review.
Some confusion with shipment and billing description on the site
On the Meaningful Beauty order page I can see where this may cause some confusion. They state that you first receive an introductory kit which is a 30 day supply along with 2 free bonus gifts, all for $30 plus shipping and handling.
Then after 30 days, you'll receive our regular 3 month supply of Meaningful Beauty every 90 days at the guaranteed low price of just $29.95 a month plus $8.95 s&h per shipment.
So you actually get billed the $29.95 30 days after your initial purchase. There is also a 60 day money back guarantee. So I can see how ladies could assume you could try the product for 60 days without getting billed. I called Guthy Renker and they mentioned that if you want to stop the auto ship you should call in before the first 30 days to cancel you're order.
By the way, it looks like Meaningful Beauty is also being sold on eBay. If you are concerned about any recurring billing issues but still want to give it a try, you can purchase it there. Also I thought it might be nice if you're out of only one or two items you don't have to buy the whole kit. Just buy what you need as you run out.
Meaningful Beauty's story is intriguing and we all want to have skin like Cindy. After all, you’d think that she’d know a thing or two about skin care. But once you get past the great story, I'm not sure if Meaningful Beauty products really hold up to scrutiny. I'd definitely want to know more about the product ingredients and not just the mysterious French melon.