Malt Shop memories has everyone is talking about the classic 50s and 60s music. The music that brings back all the cherished memories when you were 18 years old listening to your old 45’s. Oops that's a little before my time! These tracks represent the feelings of a generation of hot rodders and kids out for a nights fun.
What are the Malt Shop Memories CD’s?
If you’ve seen them on the infomercial you’ll know that they're a 50’s music collection from Time Life. It comes with 18 cds or 150 songs in total that come in a collectors box. You can buy 10 to get you started and add the extra 8 cds to the collection as a bonus. Please note that I have heard that they actually advertise the collection as being from the 50’s but most of the songs are actually from the early 60’s and only a handful are from the 50’s.
Summary of Consumer Comments
- Most listeners can listen to these songs over and over and never get tired of them.
- Great listening entertainment for relaxing around the house.
- The songs are all digitally remastered and you won't be able to tell the difference from the original recording.
- Time Life did an excellent job of picking the best music selection from the original artists.
- It’s great to have these old songs at your fingertips because its hard to find all of them on the radio. It’s also expensive to buy all the songs separately in order to make your own collection.
- All the song lyrics are on the inside leaf of the CDs.
One comment I heard....Yes, there are a few "off the beaten path" tracks here, but that's what helps the collection from becoming too predictable. I enjoy a surprise or three in a collection.
- Most of the songs are from the early 60's and only a scattering of 50's songs. So if you're looking for strictly 50's this may not be for you.
- The songs are not in chronological order.
- One [tags]malt-shop-memories[/tags]listener mentioned that the music recordings seem to stop abruptly at the end of the song and she actually admitted she wouldn’t have bought the set because it takes away from the enjoyment. This may not be how you remember the songs to be in their original state because the original recordings did not stop abruptly but gradually lead out and then into another song.
- Be aware that there are always two hits per cd that you may never have heard before. Some found it annoying while others thought these new hits were a welcome surprise.
Malt Shop Memories is one gift I'm thinking of giving my mom for Christmas! The set originally sells for 10 cds at $150 but you can add 8 more for a total of 18 cds. Thats a wopping 274 songs and you get the free shipping. They can also break up the payments into 5 instalments which I thought was kind of nice!