Is Ab Flyer yet another overpriced ab machine? They sure try and hook you with that $15 trial offer.... Ahh but what about the horrendous shipping costs. And do you notice how fitness infomercials always show people writhing around in pain on the floor while trying to do their sit ups?? Well I was sort of impressed (but still skeptical as always) that it's actually endorsed by two Olympic gold medalists, swimmer Shannon Miller and Soccer Captain, Christie Rampone. Here's Elaine, a personal trainer, who takes a hard look at this ab workout device.
Ab Flyer System Includes the Following
Ab Flyer with digital timer and counter
Guide to the Ab Flyer System
Ab Flyer exercise program
Take Off the Pounds Cardio DVD
Take Off the Pounds mix and match meal plan
Ab Flyer Infomercial Claims
The secret to the Ab Flyer is the patented reverse arc motion that targets the lower, middle, and upper abs all at the same time. Totally eliminates strain on your back, neck and shoulders while engaging your entire abdominal core on every rep.
- It's a natural bottom up motion that makes repetitive ab workout easier.
- Already comes partially assembled.
- Folds up easily for easy storage and transport.
- You can turn your knees to work the side oblique muscles.
- It works entire core abdominal muscle group.
- Adjustable resistance for users of all fitness levels.
- Adjustable knee pads for twisting exercises to work oblique muscles.
- It's design is suppose to eliminate strain on neck, back and shoulders although you have to continually watch your posture on this machine. It's natural to slouch on it which will actually cause strain you're neck and shoulders.
- As in the video, the first level of resistance is hardly noticeable and the maximum resistance level may not be high enough to have an effect on your abs.
- Won't work well if you can't put weight on your knees due to knee problems.
- Comparing it to regular gym routines they usually consist of a whole series of other exercises that are beneficial to get your abs and the rest of your body in shape. This machine has it's limitations.
- The $200 price tag plus shipping charges is quite high.
Ab Flyer doesn't have the resistance that you really need when you reach the higher levels although it really does work the lower abs. The expensive price tag is what gets me. To tell you the truth, I can't imagine that the gold medalists use only the Ab Flyer to get in shape for the Olympics. Here's another ab machine you may have heard of. Here's the Ab Sonic put to the test!