The Bender Ball infomercial is making its rounds…as well as their promises of AMAZING abs. The infomercial starts out by trying to create emotional appeal. A lady reveals "I LOVE my abdominals...yes I love my belly, I LOVE my abdominals." and another women saying "My husband can't keep his hands off me!" Give me a break! As if we're going to fall for that. This type of ab exercise ball isn't even a new concept. There's similar, MUCH lower priced fitness balls on the market. The difference with this product is that it was developed by a fitness consultant, Leslee Bender and she has created addition ab training DVDs to go with her ball.
Bender Ball Advantages
- The biggest advantage of Bender Ball is that the ball is smaller and a perfect size for ab workouts.
- The plastic is much thinner. It almost feels like a balloon under your back. This allows you to extend further back than you would with a regular crunch.
- You can also place it on different parts of your back to create deeper or more subtle crunches.
- Bender Ball users report that you get a good ab workout with it.
- You can take it with you when you travel.
Bender Ball Disadvantages
- It's very expensive for the [tags]bender ball[/tags]product that you get. Anyone who ordered off the Bender Ball site reported that they were charged $40 in total for the extra free ball they were offered as well as the shipping charges.
- Some customers have complained that when you buy the Bender Ball, they continue to ship and charge you for new DVDs. If ordering online or over the phone, clearly specify that you don’t want to be enrolled in any DVD subscriptions. After you order the product and you do find yourself enrolled in one, it’s probably best to cancel it right away before additional products are shipped to you.
- Customer service at this company is terrible is you order online or over the phone. I've heard of one report that you can buy this ball in stores for only $10.
- For taller women or for guys, the ball may not be big enough for the small of your back. The exercises will be quite useless and even lead to back strain. Please see the video review below.
To be honest, this personal trainer is quick to assume that all people are built the same and have the same results with the ball. There are women who do like this product and find it effective. Because of his size the ball is not supporting him properly.
Bender Ball Exercises
You can do regular up and down ab workouts.
You can work your sides. Just do a scooping motion with your arms.
You put the bender ball under your butt and raise your legs than alternate slowly raising each leg.
Bender Ball Alternatives
Having various sizes of stability balls serve different purposes. Bender Ball is a smaller size and is great for crunches. The Bender Ball product focuses on having great abs but of course you have to reduce the fat on your stomach before your abs start to show.
Pilates ball and Fitball are very similar to Bender Ball. As I mentioned before, the Bender Ball is a very soft plastic and when you lay on it, it almost feels like a balloon underneath you. But the result is that you can lay back further on it and do deeper crunches. If you like this, than a ball with softer plastic is probably better.
As I was watching the ridiculous Bender Ball infomercial on YouTube, I noticed lots of training videos on how to use stability balls. If you want to go the less expensive route, you can buy one ball and just do your own exercises. I couldn’t find more exercises specifically for Bender Ball, but you can actually get a larger resistance ball that gives you a good a workout. Have a look here...Expert Village did a great job of doing a series of workouts with resistance balls. I've used these many times at the gym and they are very effective for ab workouts. If you're still interested in trying the Bender Ball you can also find them on eBay.
Lot of 10 Workout DVDs Denise Austin Zumba Bender Ball More
$12.00 (18 Bids)
Time Remaining: 1h 30m
Mini Pilates Yoga 9 Ball Fitness over ball bender
Time Remaining: 17d 3h 42m
Buy It Now for only: $8.95
2pcs mini Pilates Yoga 7 red Ball Fitness over ball bender free shipping
$11.80 (2 Bids)
Time Remaining: 10h 18m
EXERCISE BALL BENDER BALL MILDLY USED EXC CONDITION
$6.99 (1 Bid)
Time Remaining: 1d 9h 35m
10pcs Pilates Yoga 7 green Ball Fitness over ball bender free shipping
Time Remaining: 1d 12h 38m
Bender Ball Strong Healthy Back DVD Ball
Time Remaining: 8d 9h 40m
Buy It Now for only: $9.99
Time Remaining: 5h 3m
As Seen On TV Bender Ball bundle set with additional 3 workout dvds
Time Remaining: 4d 9h 24m
Buy It Now for only: $51.99
BENDER BALL VHS TAPES LOT OF 10
Time Remaining: 8h 18m
Buy It Now for only: $24.99
SOCCERBALL Wood Puzzle Brain Teaser Wooden Mind Bender Rompecabeza Noggin ball
Time Remaining: 4d 12h 2m
Buy It Now for only: $13.98
20pcs mini Pilates Yoga 7 red Ball Fitness over ball bender free shipping
Time Remaining: 1d 1h 54m
Bender Ball 3 dvd set Core Pilates Back
Time Remaining: 1d 7h 25m
Bender Ball is actually getting some good reviews only because it does give good ab workouts. I can tell that the the ball is not effective for everyone depending on your body size. The bad reviews are mostly from the terrible customer service and excess shipping charges and automatic enrollment in the DVD club. Have you had an experience with Bender Ball? Please leave your comment below. I'd really love to hear from you! If you're interested in other home fitness equipment reviews, Today Show tested out four popular ones, the other day. Well the Rock and Go Exerciser was kind of lousy but the other three aren't bad.