Shark Steam mop is the latest trend in steam cleaning, using 2oo F steam power to blast away bacteria leaving your floors completely sanitized. I really like that idea but really wondered if this mop compared to other steam mops on the market right now. I'll try and cover and compare as many infomercial steam cleaners as I can so you can quickly compare the features.
The Shark Steam Mop promises to eradicate sticky spills, messes, and scuff marks using steam and re-washable absorbent pads. The Shark Steam Mop is a snap to put together. The directions are easy and it has very few parts. It comes with a measuring cup and funnel and two reusable pads. About 30 seconds after you plug it in you see the first signs of steam. The steam comes out as you push downward on the handle and more water is then pumped into the steamer.
- Works on all types of flooring except for unsealed wood or no wax floors.
- Directions are clear and easy to understand and it's easy to assemble.
- Heats up quickly.
- Lightweight and maneuvers well.
- If your family members have allergies or asthma this mop is a healthier alternative than using cleaning products.
- Floors dry quickly.
- It has a 20 foot cord, so you're able to move about without having to plug and unplug the mop.
- The pads are reusable and can be washed in your washing machine.
- You can buy it at Target for $80 USD or Canadian Tire for around $100 CND instead of buying it online.
- It comes with a 60-day money back guarantee.
- It requires a little more muscle to move around her kitchen floor since it sticks to the floor because of the steam.
- Some complaints that that the pads roll up underneath the mop which causes the mop to get stuck and you can't push it across the floor.
- You may have to go over really sticky spots a few times with the mop before getting them clean.
- Some ladies reported that there was a dull haze on the floor after cleaning up with this mop. Although in the [tags]shark-steam-mop[/tags] video reviews the mop never did this.
- You need to constantly refill the mop with water every 10 minutes.
Shark Steam Mop Handy Hints
- It pushes easier if you push down on the handle about 5 or 6 times before you start cleaning.
- Sweep your floor first before using the steam mop otherwise it just drags the dirt around the floor.
- The instructions say to use distilled water or filtered water to extend the life of your steam mop.
- The product website says the Shark Steam Mop works on all hard floors, but is not recommended on unwaxed floors or unsealed wood floors.
Shark Steam Mop may not be the top steam mop out there so it might be good to look at others on the market. For everyday general cleaning its ok but for heavy duty cleaning the H20 Mop would be more powerful because it shoots the steam out more. Although I watched about 6 video reviews of the Shark Steam Mop and only 1 of them said it was a dud so I'm optimistic that this product works well. I would buy it from a local store and save the receipt just in case you want to return it at a later date. Do you have any experience either good or bad with this mop? I would LOVE to hear from you! BTW it looks like the Swivel Sweeper has got a new makeover after all these years....It is now "revolutionary" and battery powered. Oohh ahhh!