Slipper Genie are those floor cleaning slippers that are described as the quote “ingenious new way to keep your floors clean." Oh come on they can't be serious! Have a look at what one father-to-be thinks about these revolutionary new slippers.
Slipper Genie Infomercial Claims
Just slip on Slipper Genie and they will do the [tags]household[/tags] cleaning on hardwood, linoleum and tile flooring. Chenille soles provide extra soft dusting and polishing material and are removable for cleaning in the washing machine. Fits women's sizes 6 to 9 and men's size 4 1/2 to 7 1/2. They're actually for wiping and dusting but not washing floors.
Below is a video review where they put the slippers to the test!
- Easier to get into small and corner spaces than if you were to use a broom.
- Fun to use and comfortable to wear.
- They do pick up dust and hair.
- I don’t see the advantages of using these over a regular broom. I personally use a Swiffer Duster Floor mop that picks up EVERYTHING on the floor in a matter of minutes. Then you just take off the Swiffer duster and throw it away. The Slipper Genie covers such a small area and you have to slip and slide all over the place and only use one foot to dust. All brooms are also more effective at picking up larger items like crumbs and dirt so you can drag them all into one spot to pick up with a dust pan.
- There seems to be problems with the size since they come in one size fits all. One lady mentioned that she had a size 7 1/2 and they barely fit her foot. They're also quite wide so you'll need to wear them with socks.
- Cleaning them up afterward is a hassle. Yes you can throw them in the washer but I'm thinking what items of clothing would I want to wash with the dirty, dusty Sipper Genie.
Slipper Genie Handy Tips
- Walking with your dirty slippers on a carpet will transfer all the dust and hair.
- The [tags]slipper genie[/tags]instructions mention not to use fabric softener when you wash them otherwise it wrecks the ability for the dust to hold on the slippers.
- Be careful not to catch a sharp object under the pad since it could scratch up your floor.
The Slipper Genie isn't really more effective than a regular broom. I think we can find better uses for our money these days. I wouldn't waste a dime on these things unless you want to just pick up a little bit of hair and a few dust bunnies here and there. They might come in handy if you want to have a good laugh when wearing them or to give them as a gag gift.