Riddex Plus is I guess, a non-toxic humane way of dealing with rodents. The device isn't designed to actually kill the pests. You're simply supposed to plug the device in any wall outlet and drive the pests away by altering the electric wiring within the walls. The [tags]riddex plus[/tags]infomercial goes out of their way to portray exterminators as "strangers spraying poison throughout your house." You might be surprised at what independent tests and consumers are saying about this product.
Riddex Plus Independent Test Results
One unit is supposed to take care of a 2000 square foot room. I watched three different tests.
- On one test caged rats were placed 30 feet from the Riddex Plus. They were able to escape through a tube to another cage if they wanted but the rats actually stayed in the cage close to the device. They then moved the cage within inches of the Riddex Plus. The rats were actually curious and congregated around it.
- In the other test, two bins of American cockroaches were used. Entomologist Eric Benson, wrapped one bin with an electrical cord and plugged in the device. A tube connected the bins to allow the roaches to move freely. After a week, Benson opened the bin with Riddex Plus and showed us, “You can see some cockroaches are around. It doesn’t look like the device repelled any of the cockroaches from this harborage." The roaches actually slept right next to the Riddex Plus! That's pretty bad! He even repeated the test and the results came out the same.
- In another test a lady plugged in the Riddex Plus for a 3.5 week time period and did notice the mice and roaches leave her apartment. She mentioned that they didn't leave over night but it did take time to actually see results. I've also heard some arguments that you need to plug in two devices in a room for it to really be effective.
Separate Consumers Complaints
These are only a few of the complaints.
- Warning do not waste your money on this product.
- It makes the pest problem worse and actually attracts insects.
- Shortly after plugging Riddex the entire electrical circuit stopped working.
- Major kitchen appliances stopped working.
Looking for Tips on Getting Rid of Unwanted Pests Naturally?
If you're interested here's a highly rated book on all natural pest solutions.
Here's some more all natural tips with a video for getting rid of pests.
Riddex Plus claims that they've done their own lab tests but there is no body of evidence to say they actually do work. Like a few As Seen on TV products on the market, whenever one fails they simply change the [tags]electronic product[/tags] name of it and create a new infomercial. Over the years there's been similar electronic pest repellent products on the market and like Benson says, there's been no substantial evidence that they actually work.