Forearm Forklift brings back all those not so enjoyable memories of moving...all that back breaking work, pinched fingers and trying to move all those awkward, bulky items. Forearm Forklift are basically moving straps you put on your forearms in, to make lifting and moving larger items a little easier. Too bad they don't work in all situations though. I was a bit surprised by this slightly corny infomercial which shows two women just effortlessly lifting a large dresser full of clothes. Holy smokes. You go girls!
Weight Capacity: 700 lbs/pair
Made from super strength webbing material with bonded thread at each joint and padding in each insert.
Felt padding for comfort
Dimensions: 9 ft. 4 in. long
The box includes 2 straps and is around $20
Forearm Forklift Advantages
- Very well made and fairly comfortable.
- The lifting straps are adjustable.
- There are three arm holes on each end. This allows people of different heights and strength to hold up their end without the awkward height difference.
- It splits the weight between two people more equally.
- Makes it much easier to maneuver large items, especially up and down stairs and around doorways.
- You have better grip and control because it frees up your hands.
- It actually stabilizes the furniture when you carry it.
- You can conveniently keep it in your kitchen drawer, tool box or back pocket.
- When you slip the straps underneath the object, you are using the power of your legs instead of arms to lift.
- Decreases the chance of lifting injuries and helps movers maintain correct posture. OSHA accepted.
- Comes in handy for moving awkward, bulky items like bookcases, couches, mattresses, china hutch etc
- You carry items at a lower level than if you'd carry it by hand. This comes in handy if you're trying to maneuver around door ways and up the stairs without having to bend.
- Not having to use a dolly means you won't get it stuck on thick carpet or tiled floors.
- You don't have to buy them online. They are at Home Depot, Canadian Tire and Bed Bath and Beyond.
Forearm Forklift Disadvantages
- They only work on very large items.
- They don't work at all when your one person trying to carry something.
- They work for most furniture but not every single piece of furniture in a household.
- Works only on stairs that aren't as steep. If you are moving in between building floors they won't work.
You can find Forearm Forklift at www.forearmforklift.com. They're a really reasonable price on eBay.
Forearm Forklift Lifting Moving Strap Wrist Straps Furniture Mover BRAND NEW
$5.99 (1 Bid)
Time Remaining: 1d 1h 21m
Above All Forearm Forklift Lifting and Moving Straps Orange New Free Shipping
Time Remaining: 6d 23h 2m
Buy It Now for only: $12.96
Forearm Forklift Lifting and Moving Straps New Orange Adjustable
Time Remaining: 3d 21h 46m
Buy It Now for only: $19.99
Above All Forearm Forklift Lifting and Moving Straps Orange Free Shipping New
Time Remaining: 12d 13h 42m
Buy It Now for only: $12.96
FOREARM FORKLIFT LIFT STRAPS NEW NIP ORANGE Moving Carrying
Time Remaining: 6d 18h 17m
Forearm Forklift Lifting and Moving Straps Orange New 2 piece
Time Remaining: 13d 22h 34m
Buy It Now for only: $15.88
Forearm Forklift Lifting Straps
Time Remaining: 6d 3h 24m
Buy It Now for only: $20.00
Moving Straps Forearm fork lifts Free Shipping
Time Remaining: 3h 59m
Forearm Forklift Lifting and Moving Straps Orange
Time Remaining: 2d 8h 9m
Buy It Now for only: $12.98
Forearm Forklift Lifting Straps Makes Moving Easier 600 lbs Weight Capacity 2 Pk
Time Remaining: 9d 1h 55m
Buy It Now for only: $25.94
Above All Co L74995 COMBO Forearm Forklift Moving Straps Extension Strap Kit
Time Remaining: 11d 18h 1m
Buy It Now for only: $20.59
HOT 2pcs Furniture Forearm Forklift Lifting Moving Strap Transport Belts
$10.73 (2 Bids)
Time Remaining: 2d 9h 51m
- To make sure you have a good grip you can crisscross the[tags]forearm-forklift[/tags] straps underneath your items.
- Try to lift a little bit off the ground and make sure it's steady before you start moving the item.
- They are easier to use once you figure out which arm holes work best for your forearms.
- You may need to use different arm holes for different sized items and also if your other carriers are different heights.
- Do some test runs before your move so you can get comfortable with it.
- For Forearm Forklift to work properly, make sure that the strap is all the way up your forearm by your elbow and that your hands are up against the item.
Forearm Forklift users overall are quite impressed with this product. For $20 and saving their back they mentioned it was a very good buy. And on to another pretty simple little gadget you may have seen called Engrave It. A sheriff puts this engraver to the test and shares his opinion.