Pro Caulk sure looks like a handy little tool that promises to make caulking jobs stress free. The Pro Caulk kit comes with 3 tools that are made from rubber-like, non-stick materials. You get a total of 12 smoothing angles. This allows you to choose the best edge for your particular project. Have a look at how Pro Caulk did in this video review. Also I've got some handy hints on how to get the best use out of Pro Caulk.
The Pro Caulk Kit Comes With The Following...
[tags]pro caulk[/tags]Tool with 4 edges for large sealing tasks
Tool with 4 edges for small sealing tasks and grouting
Mini-tool with 4 sealing edges for tasks in hard-to-reach places
Silicone Remover Tool
82.8 ml tube of silicone
Pro Caulk Claims
Apply silicone, acrylic, caulk, grout and other compounds with ease.
Hassle-free way to apply silicone with no mess and a perfect finish every time.
Pro Caulk is quick and easy to use, saving you time, money, and effort.
Designed to apply and seal silicone, acrylic, caulk, and other compounds.
Pro Caulk is the only tool that guarantees a perfect finish in seconds!
- You get a total of 12 smoothing angles to choose from.
- The Pro Caulk applicators are pointy enough to get into tough corners and smooth the caulking nice and neat.
- In another video review,Dan had to swipe the Procaulk tool few times on the longer stretch of his tub. In the end it makes a perfectly neat caulked edge even around his ceramic tiles.
- Dan still had to wipe a little bit of caulk off the tub. He liked the idea that it's much neater than smushing and smoothing it around with your fingers.
- The smaller tool also worked the caulk quickly, cleanly and easily around the tub's faucet.
- Another nice thing is that the caulk easily wipes off the tools making it easier to use.
Here's a great comment from Joe Pratt on hints on applying caulking.
- Do not apply too much caulk when you run the initial bead. How much is too much? See my second suggestion.
- Practice. Run a consistently sized bead of caulk, use the tool and then scrape away the caulk and toss it. Do it again. Yes, I know, you are "wasting" caulk. If you want a professional looking job, waste some caulk by practicing. You will find the appropriate bead size through practice. Obviously, the correct bead size will be determined by the edge you are using. The larger the edge the larger the bead size. Practice. Also, begin with a small hole in the caulk tube nozzle. Not enough caulk? Cut a slightly larger orifice. Remember, you can make the hole larger, however, you cannot make it smaller.
- Keep the tool perpendicular to the surfaces. If you have seen the ad on TV, pay attention to how the demonstrator holds the tool.
- Fill a spray bottle (like a windex bottle) with isopropyl alcohol and lightly spray the bead and the business side of the tool. It will make the tool glide easily over the caulk. (You can use this trick with any caulking tool including your finger.)
Available at www.buyprocaulk.com for $20 plus $6 s&h. I have also seen it on eBay.
Pro Caulk 4 Piece Caulking Tool Kit As seen on TV
Time Remaining: 5d 18h 36m
NEW Professional Pro Caulk 4 Piece Caulking Tool Kit High Quality As seen on TV
Time Remaining: 10d 16h 17m
Buy It Now for only: $5.95
Handy Trends Smart Caulk Caulking Tools Caulk Like A Pro
Time Remaining: 10d 17h 38m
Buy It Now for only: $6.99
Pro Caulk Complete Caulking Kit with Kwik Seal Plus As Seen on TV
Time Remaining: 23d 15h 2m
Buy It Now for only: $9.99
Caulk guns LOT OF 8 Z PRO No drip Easy Load 340 Red Draws unused back in tube
Time Remaining: 1d 11h 50m
Dap Pro Caulk 4 Piece Caulking Tool Kit 09125
Time Remaining: 17d 13h
Buy It Now for only: $7.35
2PC HYDE REPLACEMENT PADS CAULK RITE PRO TOOLS CAULKING PLUMBERS BUILDING
Time Remaining: 4d 12h 42m
Buy It Now for only: $4.00
NEW PRO CAULK COMPLETE CAULKING KIT As Seen On TV
Time Remaining: 22d 23h 27m
Buy It Now for only: $11.98
PROCAULK Pro Caulk COMPLETE CAULKING KIT INCLUDES DAP KITCHEN BATH As Seen On TV
Time Remaining: 2d 2h 37m
Buy It Now for only: $14.99
Pro Flex Caulk
Time Remaining: 14d 12h 19m
Buy It Now for only: $10.16
Red Devil 4071 Die Cast Aluminum Pro Caulk Mixer
Time Remaining: 14d 22h 6m
Buy It Now for only: $117.40
Dap Pro Caulk Tool Kit 09125
Time Remaining: 29d 17h 21m
Buy It Now for only: $11.99
Pro Caulk works although as you saw in this video, you still have to stop and clean the applicator but Dan mentions it's still better than using your fingers. Also you may have to try a few edges to get the caulking just right. Another issue some people had was the price. Would you be willing to spend $20 plus on this product? I'll try to find out if ProCaulk is available in stores...you could at least save on shipping and handling charges. If you've ever wondered if the Point and Paint tool works have a look at this disaster!