The Vitamix Blender differentiates itself from other blenders by the speed of its 240 mph, high powered motor. You've probably seen them in operation at your local smoothie shop. I personally bought one of these blenders a few years back at a Home Show and I'll tell you what I like and a few things I dislike about this product.
Yesterday we took a look at the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer. I don't mean to knock juicers but you have to admit that there is so much waste. The fun part about the VitaMix is that you can use all portions of the fruit and vegetable. The whole thing... skin, core and all and throw it in the blender along with ice and it comes out creamy smooth. Less waste plus the Vitamix does more than a regular juicer. Here's a quick video plus the pros and cons so you can decide if the VitaMix is right for you.
What the Vitamix Blender Can Do
With the high powered motor you're able to blend many more things than a regular blender. It's not just for smoothies....Here's a sample of other things you can make with the Vita Mix.
It also creates frozen drinks, ice cream, fancy coffees, salad dressings, sauces, creamy soups, salsa, fondues, pates, peanut butter, vegetable juices, nut milk, pesto, hummus, dips, salad dressing and baby food. There's another special "dry grain container" where you can grind your own grain to make your own bread!
- You don't have to chop your food before adding it to the mixer. This blender can pulverize anything. Even large frozen chunks of fruit and ice in seconds.
- I loved the fact that there's an automatic shut off when it has trouble blending ingredients so you don't have to worry that you'll burn out a motor.
- Another thing I really love is that it blends recipe ingredients quickly and easily. There's also less bowls and mess to clean up afterward.
- Blends everything with a creamy, smooth consistency which makes everything taste better. Also no annoying lumps in anything.
- It crushes and blends ice with ease which many blenders can't do.
- Super easy clean up. Just add one drop of dish soap and add 3/4 full of water and turn it on for 20 seconds. Empty and rinse.
- I know that it can handle the wear and tear for the long haul. You can tell it's very well constructed.
- The company stands behind their product and it comes with a seven 7 warranty.
- It has to be the loudest blender on the market!
- There's a bit of a learning curve when you get it. You have to add the ingredients in a special order. The most dense stuff at the bottom. The ice always on the bottom and work your way up. Then add the liquids last. If you don't, your Vitamix will stall and the automatic shut off will kick in.
- In comparison to other blenders, the Vitamix requires a tamper to push the food down toward the blades.
- I found it difficult to take the lid on and off. You definitely need a two handed tug.
- It's very tall and won't go under some counters. It's also very heavy if you want to lift it in and out of your cupboard.
- The cost is quite high at $450. You have to use it often to make it worth your while.
- This is my personal preference - Vitamix makes delicious soups but they are more on the creamier side. I personally prefer to have a heartier soup that you cook and simmer on the stove.
- You have to be adventurous to try new things you'd never normally put in a blender. Otherwise you won't get the full use out of it. Go through the recipes book when you get it and make things that will become a habit so that you will save money instead of buying grocery store products. Such as ice cream, peanut butter etc.
Other Advantages to Consider
- Saves money on some prepared, store bought food.
- Much healthier food with less preservatives, sugars and fats.
- You're body is able derive three times more nutrients from fruits and vegetables when they are blended into very small pieces.
If you prefer to purchase a used Vitamix blender, there are various models available on eBay.
VitaMix white VM0103 Blender total nutrition center base only
$61.00 (4 Bids)
Time Remaining: 6h 22m
VitaMix 5200S Blender ONYX BLACK NEW IN BOX FREE SHIP USA 110VOLT ONLY
Time Remaining: 29d 7h 27m
Buy It Now for only: $434.00
New VitaMix 5200s High Powered Blender Black 2 HP Getting Started DVD
$405.00 (1 Bid)
Time Remaining: 7h 42m
Vita Mix Blender TurboBlend VS Variable Speed Vitamix Blender Model VM0103
$242.50 (3 Bids)
Time Remaining: 10h 19m
VITAMIX Professional SERIES 750 Stainless Steel BLENDER Williams Sonoma NEW BOX
Time Remaining: 12h 11m
Vitamix Professional Series Pro 750 Blender Red FREE SHIP
Time Remaining: 6d 3h 42m
Buy It Now for only: $475.00
VITA MIX 2100 Kitchen Center BLENDER Chrome Stainless Steel VITAMIX Very Nice
$71.00 (12 Bids)
Time Remaining: 12h 32m
Vitamix Professional Series 500 1710 10 Speeds Blender
$404.00 (4 Bids)
Time Remaining: 13h 23m
Vitamix Vita Prep 3 1005 10 Speeds Blender
$260.00 (43 Bids)
Time Remaining: 13h 31m
BIG SALE Vitamix 5200S 64oz Food Juicer Blender W Get Started Cookbook And DVD
Time Remaining: 11h 24m
Buy It Now for only: $419.99
VITAMIX CREATIONS GC 64 OZ VARIABLE SPEED BLENDING MACHINE BLENDER BLACK MINT
$249.99 (2 Bids)
Time Remaining: 13h 57m
VITAMIX VITA MIX 2200 BLENDER SIDEWINDER HEAVY DUTY 479003 avocado
$26.75 (1 Bid)
Time Remaining: 14h 12m
The Vitamix Blender to me, was well worth the $700 investment I paid. Thankfully they ARE ONLY $450 these days. I know it's heavy duty and will last. I use most of the the time but you definitely have to get into the habit of preparing new meals with it. Otherwise you might fall back into normal habits and leave it sitting in your cupboard.