Pancake Puffs are all the rage among kids. They love those cute little bite sized morsels...better yet that fun infomercial that leaves em begging their parents for one. I've heard so many stories of parents who have bought one just so their kids would leave em alone! What the pancake puff anyway you ask? It’s a cast iron skillet with seven wells. It’s used to make small round pancakes. The pan itself if probably the size of a sauce pan. They also include wooden skewers, a recipe book, filling injector, a small brush, powdered sugar shaker, a heat pad for the handle.
Pancake Puffs - How are They Made?
You would use the product as you would normally make pancakes. Just brush the wells with butter or spray them with non-stick grease. Then pour in the batter ½ to ¾ of the way up the well. After about one minute and once you see bubbling and browning on the edges you flip them with your skewers. Cook for another minute then simply flip the pan over and let the puffs fall onto a plate.
You can garnish your puffs with powdered sugar by using the shaker. There are many tasty creations you can make by filling the puffs either after they’ve cooled or as they are cooking.
The recipe book gives you many variations that you can try. Some basic recipes are cornbread puffs, muffin puffs and brownie puffs.
- Great little recipe book
- Nice alternative to pancakes or waffles for breakfast
- Kids love those cute, tasty little morsels
- Infinite possibilities for different desert or breakfast creations
- There seems to be a lack of instruction in the recipe book. It seems to be too general. It suggests different recipes you can try such as working with meats and using fillings. The problem is that it assumes that you already know how to do most of these things.
- The non stick coating on the pan must come off a bit. The second week after use the batter starts to stick a bit more.
- It's a really heavy cast iron pan.
- Sticks are included to flip the puffs which are not easy to use.
- It takes a long time to prepare a meal for a few kids.
- Difficult to flip the puffs if you fill the well up all the way.
- The batter tends to stick just enough to ruin your puff.
- The little heat pad that is included is not very good quality. You can feel the heat through the pad.
NIB As Seen on TV Camping Cast Iron PANCAKE PUFFS Kit
Time Remaining: 1d 19h 41m
Pancake Puffs Aebleskiver Pan
Time Remaining: 4h 27m
Buy It Now for only: $14.99
Dutch Pancake Pan Puffs Poffertjes Mini Balls Crepe Panekoken Holland Desert
Time Remaining: 7d 22h 32m
Buy It Now for only: $44.00
PANCAKE PUFFS EBLSKIVER CAST IRON PAN VERY GOOD SEASONED CONDITION
Time Remaining: 5d 17h 48m
Buy It Now for only: $15.99
Pancake Puffs Great for Sausage Chocolate or Strawberry Puffs Cast Iron NIB
Time Remaining: 1d 17h 49m
Pancake Puffs Cast Iron Pan As Seen on TV
Time Remaining: 19d 3h 15m
Buy It Now for only: $37.00
Poffertjes pannen Mini Puffs Netherland Pan Dutch Pancake Poffers Maker Takoyaki
Time Remaining: 17h 27m
Buy It Now for only: $44.00
AS SEEN ON TV NIB NON STICK CAST IRON PANCAKE PUFFS WITH BONUS GIFTS
Time Remaining: 29d 14h 39m
Buy It Now for only: $9.99
Pancake Puffs Cast Iron Pan AS SEEN ON TV
Time Remaining: 6d 53m
New Pancake Puffs Cast Iron with Extra Bonus
Time Remaining: 10d 7h 10m
Buy It Now for only: $18.99
HK style snacks MINI Egg puffs Egg Waffle Eggette Pancake Mold free shipping
Time Remaining: 16d 20h 33m
Buy It Now for only: $90.00
Portable Nonstick Easy Clean Electric Dumpling Pancake Puffs Pan 24 Molds Hole
Time Remaining: 23d 5h 5m
Buy It Now for only: $85.71
- Don’t put your heat above level 3 on the stove top because they start to really stick. The (Instructions will tell you level 6 on the stove top.)
- It's much easier to flip the puffs if you first pre-cut a few tiny cubes of cold butter. Just drop one in each well.
- Easier to use a spoon instead of the sticks to flip the puffs.
- Make a whole batch all at once and put them in the freezer.
- Fill the hole only half full. It makes them easier to flip this way until you get the hang of it.
Ideas for Fillings
I made the following yummy puff creations. All I did was make a basic pancake batter from scratch. Then I baked in a banana vanilla yogurt filling. It is so tasty! I split up the batter and tried blueberries with cinnamon. They ended up more like little bite sized muffins.
Other fillings you can use
- Pie Fillings
- Powered sugar
- Different types of cheese to melt inside
Pankcake Puff pan in review....most people who bought the this [tags]pancake puffs[/tags]pan really enjoyed it and loved it. They especially loved the idea that there are so many variations that you can try. I’ve heard from a lot of parents who mention that their kids saw the commercial and fell in love with the puffs and just had to have one! Looking for other christmas gifts? How about the chia herb garden? I actually got one of these as a gift and I'll tell you how that went.