Samurai Peeler is one of many [tags]home[/tags] kitchen gadgets by the infamous Chef Tony. You might remember him from the those Miracle Blades infomercials in the late 80s, and lately with his Smart Lidz. In this video review, Chef Mark Alfano of Alfano's Restaurant uses the Samurai Speed Peeler in his daily routine, cutting up various vegetables for his sauces and soup stock.
Samurai Peeler Claims
Does twice the work in half the time
Peel onions before you can have a chance to cry
Slice hard or soft cheese in a breeze
Doubles as a mandolin speed peeler
Made with forever sharp stainless steel blades
High impact plastic
If you order online you also get two free bonuses... A Mandolin Slicing Board and a Julienne Cutter.
- Ergonomically correct handle makes it extremely easy to hold while peeling.
- Quickly peels vegetables like in the infomercial but it will take you some getting used to the back and forth motion of a peeler.
- The stainless steel blades really are tough enough to cut through a two by four and stay sharp.
- There's no advantage to using a peeler to take the outer skin off an onion. It's so easy to take the outer papery skin off by hand and cutting the edges off the onion. This way it won't make you tear up.
- The Japanese Mandolin bonus gift is supposed to make uniform pieces but instead it shreds instead of slicing the vegetable and is not efficient.
- The peeler alone costs $9 which is a reasonable price. Although if you buy it online at the main [tags]samurai peeler[/tags]infomercial site you're going to pay extra shipping charges for the bonus gifts.
Cool and Cute Pylones Gold Samurai Vegatable Peeler Brush
Time Remaining: 1d 22h 6m
Buy It Now for only: $8.00
PYLONES SAMURAI UNUSUAL VEGETABLE PEELER TOOL BRUSH PIRATE PARIS CREA CREA
Time Remaining: 15h 31m
Buy It Now for only: $14.95
Samurai Speed Stainless Steel Peeler with Bonus Mini Mandolin As Seen on TV
Time Remaining: 15d 14h 46m
Buy It Now for only: $11.99
Home Smart Samurai Speed Peeler With Madolin Slicer
Time Remaining: 8d 5h 58m
Buy It Now for only: $13.58
NEW Home Smart Samurai Speed Peeler With Madolin Slicer
Time Remaining: 12d 20h 52m
Buy It Now for only: $11.75
Samurai Peeler looks like it works as advertised although I can't justify paying extra shipping charges for the free bonuses. It probably is already in stores that sell As Seen on TV products. I'm wondering how much time you'd actually save if you're peeling a small amount of vegetables especially if you're already used to slicing with your traditional peeler. Although if you're peeling up large quantities of vegetables or fruits for a dinner party or something it may be a time saver.