The Titan Peeler looks so slick when you watch those infomercial guys using it. "Hmmm now how do we go about hyping up this boring ol peeler" the marketing group must be asking themselves. Oh and by the way, there are very similar looking products out there. There's the Samurai Peeler which they have renamed the Samurai Speed Peeler. What creative geniuses!
Taking a closer look they are slightly different peelers. It looks like the Titan Peeler does more...They market it with a garnish guide and they claim it can peel, shred, grate, garnish, slice, shave and julienne. Whereas the Samurai Peeler is basically just a peeler.
The Titan Peeler package that's available at Walmart and Walgreens comes with two stainless steel hand held tools. The smaller head is designed for slicing and peeling. The julienne tool actually has the larger head and it's used for garnishing and grating and garnishing.
Titan Peeler Advantages
- It really does cut nice and smooth because of the extremely sharp serrated blades.
- The [tags]titan peeler[/tags]blades easily peel skins off of any vegetable including pineapples, squash and tomatoes.
- Shaves less peel off than a traditional peeler so this means less waste.
- It also slices right through cheese but soft cheeses are less than perfect slices with the Titan and not great for presentation.
- The bonus julienne tool really does work well. In two video reviews the testers tried the carrots and were impressed with it. Being able to Julienne provides you with more cooking options such as stir frys and makes interesting garnishes.
- The end of the handle incorporates a built-in garnishing tool so you can remove produce imperfections.
- The order includes a free garnishing guide.
- Dishwasher safe.
- In addition to peeling the Titan Peeler also shaves, grates, shreds and slices.
- You have to watch your hands and can't look away for one minute while peeling. The serrated blade is extremely sharp and dangerous.
- The instructions say that you can peel toward and away from you but this isn't the case for the ladies in the video. You can only bring the blade towards you. They ladies mention that the cutting board can't be used with this peeler.
- You're suppose to be able to cut peeling time in half because you can peel both back and forth. The ladies thought that it didn't save themselves any time or effort using it.
- Just like the Samurai Peeler the handle is perpendicular to the blades and may take some getting use to. Unless you had the skill to use it like the guy on the infomercial you'd probably feel more comfortable with your traditional peeler.
Are you still interested in the Titan Peeler?
Titan Peeler plus Julienne Tool and Slicing Board Stainless Steel
Time Remaining: 2d 18h 30m
Buy It Now for only: $7.99
AS SEEN ON TV TITAN PEELER JULIENNE TOOL
Time Remaining: 26d 6h 26m
Buy It Now for only: $15.25
Titan Kitchen Magician Stainless Steel Peeler Mandolin
Time Remaining: 10d 14h 37m
Buy It Now for only: $7.99
Tristar TTPLR Titan Peeler Slicer AS SEEN ON TV BRAND NEW IN SEALED PACKAGE
Time Remaining: 22h 6m
Buy It Now for only: $13.79
Titan multifunction Magician Kitchen knife Peeler paring As seen on TV
Time Remaining: 25d 19h 31m
Buy It Now for only: $3.60
Titan Garnish Peeler Slicer and Julienne Tool Set of 2
Time Remaining: 19d 3h 13m
Buy It Now for only: $6.99
Kitchen Tools Titan Peeler JulienneTool Board Cookware Utensils Tools Gidget
Time Remaining: 5d 2h 13m
Buy It Now for only: $21.97
3pc Generic Titan Wonder Peeler Mandolin Board Kitchen Magician
Time Remaining: 12d 17h 9m
Buy It Now for only: $8.59
Titan multifunction Magician Kitchen paring knife s steel Peeler As seen on TV
Time Remaining: 11d 15h 53m
Buy It Now for only: $3.82
Titan Peeler Julienne Cutter Slicing Board
Time Remaining: 6d 4h 12m
Buy It Now for only: $9.95
Trademark Tools Titan Peeler JulienneTool Board
Time Remaining: 25d 4h 20m
Buy It Now for only: $14.06
Kitchen Magician WIZ Titan Peeler Vegetable Fruit Shred Grate shave Garnish
Time Remaining: 2d 3h 47m
Buy It Now for only: $9.36
The Titan Peeler did an average job and peeled some items better than others. After viewing a few video reviews it looks like it's much easier to use on long slender vegetables and harder to use on round fruits and veges. The Julienne Slicer does do a good job. They ladies seemed to agree that they'd probably reach for their ole standby peeler instead of the Titan. You can actually pick up the Julienne Tool and the Titan Peeler for $15 at either Walmart or Walgreens.