It never ceases to amaze me how many egg gadgets they can come up with in an attempt to solve the dilemma of peeling eggs. So what's the big fuss about peeling eggs anyway? A product called Eggies claims to make all your egg dilemma a thing of the past... We'll see about that!
Issues With Eggies
- It's a time consuming process prepping the eggies before you put the eggs in. Oiling them with a paper towel, filling it with the egg trying not to miss the hole, screwsing the pieces together and taking them apart.
- The seals and threads on the plastic parts don't seal well and the egg white goes into the boiling water and make a big mess. More clean up time need!
- The eggs don't cook evenly since the eggies don't float evenly.
- In the video demo,as the eggies were boiling, four of the eggies exploded 6 feet onto the floor. Dangerous!
- Time consuming to scrub and clean the eggies in all the nooks and crannies.
It takes about 10 minutes longer to cook your eggs.
- It doesn't look like a whole egg when you take it out of the eggie it comes out in a weird shape.
Eggies seem to be far to much trouble than what they are worth. Much easier to peel eggs the regular way. It's not hard to get the peel off if you soak the hard boiled eggs in cold water for a couple of minutes after they've done cooking. I don't see what all the fuss is about peeling eggs. Please do not waste your time and money on this kitchen gadget!