The Owl Light probably is an attractive little gadget for baby boomers who hate hauling their reading glasses around with them when they head out the door. It looks convenient enough - a credit car sized magnifier with an LED light to read restaurant menus, light up a keyhole, read a label etc. My main concern is how the quality of the product stands up over time.
Owl Light Review
You may have seen the Owl light with business inscriptions on them where you can add your business text, graphics, logo or slogan.
- Small, discreet and convenient to carry in your wallet or pocket. No need to carry reading glasses with you when you go out.
- Magnifies up to three times the size.
- Provides an ultra bright light if you can actually get that feature to work.
- Comes in handy in certain settings, like maps, keyholes, labels, dark restaurants to light up a menu.
- Some users don't like the small viewing area. You wouldn't be able to read lots of text over a long period of time.
- Most negative complaints are due to the light feature being defective in some way.
- The light either doesn't work right out of the package or gives out after a few uses.
- You can't replace the LED light when it dies out. You'll just have to buy another unit.
- Poor customer service at the Owl Optical Lite site.
- Very expensive shipping for such a small product.
The Owl Light is effective as a magnifier only if you want to look at a few words at a time. Not constant reading and I wouldn't expect the light to work it may give out. Here's another gadget for lighting up dark closets. It's the ammmaaaazing Stick Up Bulbs review!