Huggable Hangers are created Joy Mangano. I've never heard of her before today...guess she's a hoity toity entrepreneur and inventor. She's also been on 20/20 and CBS, People Magazine and Good Housekeeping! Joy designs and patents most of her products exclusively for HSN. Huggable Hangers are supposed to be designed especially to keep your clothing from slipping off hangers. Also because they're super thin, they save you precious closet space. Since over 200 million of these "special" hangers have been sold, I wondered what all the fuss was about....
Huggable Hanger Features
- Velvet flocked material - prevents clothes from slipping.
- Long chrome hooks - allow large turtlenecks or scoop necks to be hung.
- Gentle curves - preserves the shape of your clothing. No more shoulder bumps.
- Color fast flocking - allows you to hang wet garments with no concern of colors running.
- Cascading hooks - easily slide garments over the hook to hang multiple items using minimal space.
- Finger clips - exclusively designed to be used with your huggable hangers. Adjustable and durable.
- Comes with a manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty.
Joy Mangano has an assortment of products that come in a variety of package deals on HSN. They include....
4-bar pant hangers
Regular clips and cascade clips
Shoe bag that hangs on the back of your closet door
- Biggest plus is the flocked surface which prevents garments, even the ones with tiny straps or silk blouses from slipping off the hanger.
- They actually do use less space than traditional hangers because they are much thinner. They are only 1/4" thick which does make a difference when you have so many hangers in one closet.
- Some report that they're able to hang twice as many clothes in their closets.
- The varieties of colors are helpful if you want to sort and organize clothes as you take it out of the dryer. They can now be easily transfered to individual closets.
- They keep your clothes free of shoulder indentations.
- You can hang things you normally fold away into dressers. The clothes easily stay on the hangers just folded over rather than clipped.
- Target now sells these hangers in groups of 5 for $4.99. Bed Bath and Beyond also now sell something very similar.
- The [tags]huggable hangers[/tags]textured surface does make it a little more difficult to hang clingy type shirts and tops properly.
- The clips that you can buy separately are a big nuisance. They break, are hard to open and are expensive.
- Minor lint problems from the flocked surface.
- Expensive if bought at HSN.
- I noticed a few complaints about hangers breaking and also some of the color coming off on their clothes. This doesn't seem to be the norm for most people.
- If ordering from HSN there are some issues with people receiving broken or dirty hangers.
Also available at huggablehangers.com or eBay.
Joy Mangano Huggable Hangers 53 pc Set Cognac NEW
$10.99 (1 Bid)
Time Remaining: 4h 21m
JOY MANGANO HUGGABLE HANGERS 101 PIECE CLOSET ORGANIZER SET Black Chrome
Time Remaining: 1d 7h 47m
Buy It Now for only: $34.65
Huggable hangers 20 yellow chrome
$10.00 (1 Bid)
Time Remaining: 5d 4h 26m
Joy Mangano Huggable Hangers
Time Remaining: 5d 6h 17m
Buy It Now for only: $20.00
JOY MANGANO HUGGABLE HANGERS 24 COUNT NEW IN THE BOX FREE SHIPPING
$18.95 (1 Bid)
Time Remaining: 5d 16h 8m
Joy Mangano Huggable Hangers 100 Piece All Hangers Pack White Chrome
Time Remaining: 28d 5h 49m
Buy It Now for only: $49.99
Joy Mangano Huggable Hanger Set Brand New never open 46 count set
Time Remaining: 6d 4h 5m
48 Willow Green Huggable Hangers and more
Time Remaining: 6d 8h 54m
42 Light Green Huggable Hangers and more
Time Remaining: 6d 9h 4m
Joy Mangano Huggable Hangers 72 Piece Just Hangers Pack Classy Black Chrome
Time Remaining: 18d 14h 36m
Buy It Now for only: $39.50
Thirty 30 Black Huggable Hangers and more
Time Remaining: 6d 9h 16m
Thirty 30 Black Huggable Hangers and more
Time Remaining: 6d 9h 26m
Huggable hangers are supposedly the most popular selling item on HSN. It seems that most people want the hangers only and not the clips. I would avoid HSN and actually head over to Target or Bed Bath and Beyond to pick these hangers up. By the way, if you're interested in organizing footwear here are a few solutions.