The Mold n Play Soap Set by Kid Kleen sure looks like a fun activity for kids in the bath. Most kids love playing at bath time and also love Play Doh so this would naturally be a fun activity set for them. I actually first saw it as a bonus gift with the Bath Blizzard. Surprisingly, according to the majority of parents, this has got to be one of the worst toys on the market!
Mold n Play Infomercial Claims
- Soft and squishy no-tears soap lets your child bathe and clean with any shape they can imagine.
- Easy to grip, soft to handle and come in an assortment of colors and scents.
- Mold n Play container come with fun shapes on the lids that can be used to make a variety of fun shapes, before they get in the bath.
- They can also use the [tags]mold n play[/tags]toy set to roll, press and shape their soap tons of different way.
- Soap is safe for sensitive skin and is tear-free. For ages 3+
- Includes molds and moldable soap - Includes 3 -2 oz tubs of mold and play soap, 1 extruder, 1 roller, 1 fun shape mold
- Holds all the molds and attaches to the bathtub walls with suction cups
Actual Comments from Parents
- The tools are actually quite fun to use with play dough but not for the soap that comes with the set.
- The soap only molds really well when everything that touches it is completely dry which kind of defeats the purpose of using it in the tub.
- If you actually get the soap wet it becomes a big sticky, slimy mess.
- You have to scrape it off the tub, the toys and your kids hands.
- The soap sticks to the plastic molds so bad that you literally have to get out a knife to scrape it out.
- If you want to use the soap after it dries it won't mold at all.
Mold n Play is a complete nightmare for ALL parents a big dissapointment for kids. I honestly can't believe that this is still on the market with it being such a disaster. It really is a great idea but the darn soap just does not mold like shown in the infomercial. Well here's something fun for kids...it's called Grow a Heads. It really reminds me of the Chia Pet but this ones looks like you can have some fun with it by dressing it up and personalizing it! How cute...